Monday, October 27, 2008

Week 10

Week of October 26th - November 1st

Monday (60 minutes)
Today's run was LONG! I just got back from running my 60 minute run for the first time. Whew! If I calculate correctly, I'm running about a 10 minute mile when I do my long runs and when I'm training, so I ran about 6 miles this morning. I think that's the longest I've ever run at one time. But, it felt really good and I am getting lots of compliments on my calves! ;o) I'm really starting to look like a runner......not terribly sure if that's the look I want to go for, but I'll take it! I'm glad that I'm getting fit and that my legs aren't flapping around! Oops! I just looked at my schedule and apparently, I'm only supposed to run 55 minutes today. Oh, well! Guess I got in an extra 5 minutes!

Tuesday (30 minutes)
Nice, short run today. Felt really good. Not breathing heavily or struggling at all. 30 minutes - piece o' cake!!! :o)

Wednesday (walk/rest)
I just walked the short block around Kennedy Park today with Coco, Geno and the babies. Short and sweet. I did hear from Coach Yarbrough. I only hear from him right before a race and then I let him know how I did. He said I'm doing well and that I'm transitioning from a recreational runner to an athlete. Cool!

Thursday (30 minutes)
Ran an easy 30 today. I went around Granite Hills and then down Euclid to switch it up. I'm getting bored......HUGE home being built down there. It's beautiful! It's set back from the street with a big ol' gate and I think it'll be three stories. Very nice! Exactly what I would want.

Friday (55 minutes)
I pooped out today after 35 minutes. :o( But, at least I ran! I just felt a little fatigued, so instead of pushing and hurting myself, I just ran what I could and then ran back to meet Coco and Marli around the high school and walked the rest of the way home. Sometimes, ya gotta just listen to your body.

Saturday (20 minutes)
I did kinda run today.....if running up and down streets with "Remember to Vote" door hangers counts. I was much more exhausted after 2 hours of that than I would have been after just 20 minutes of running.....I think it's a wash! GO VOTE!

No comments: