Monday, September 15, 2008

Week 4

September 14th - 20th

Monday (35 minutes running/15 minutes walking - 3.2 miles)
I ran around Granite Hills today again with Coco and Marli behind me until I caught back up with them. Feels great and the weather is cloudy, so it's PERFECT running weather in my opinion. I registered for the Girl Scouts 5K run today. It was $25 and I get a t-shirt......here comes the collection! I can't wait to run. It'll be fun to compete. I haven't been in anything that's been competitive as far as sports goes for quite a while. I'm definitely used to music competitions and auditioning for roles and such.....piece of cake. This will be an entirely different animal for me.

Tuesday (30 minutes running/20 minutes walking - 4 miles)
I got my schedule today from Coach Yarbrough and it looks great! It's a little different than what Rabeka's doing, but we can still run together, just a little different timing. The run felt great today because it was overcast and there was a little chill in the air. Soooo nice! Ran around Granite Hills again. Once my runs get longer, I'll have to venture onto the side streets and probably head over to Greenfield and up near Shadow Mountain from the high school. We'll see what I discover! I'm very excited to now have a coach and to be able to feel like I have my own schedule and training plan. This is new to me, but I feel that you never know if you'll be good at something unless you try!

Wednesday (rest day)
Taking it easy today.

Thursday (30 minutes running)
Ran around Granite Hills again. It felt good. Tomorrow, I will be running a big longer, so I'll be able to discover a new path to run. Lots to do today, so it's nice to get the run in before the day gets away from me!

Friday (45 minutes running/15 minutes walking)
Went running around Granite (again!). I need to branch out here.....Anyway, it felt good and this was the longest run I've done so far. It actually was pretty good. I know that I'll be increasing as the weeks go on and working up little by little is really helping me. Oh, I had a voice lesson last week and both my voice coach and I could tell a HUGE difference in my breath control. Running is really helping me out vocally. So, if nothing comes from my running amibitions, I know I'll definitely want to keep it up regardless since it helps my other passion (and the one that I actually get paid for!). Also, I went to Road Runner Sports today and found that they're having a HUGE blowout clearance sell this weekend. I got two pair of Nike Air Max that are originally $110 for only $25 each!!!! Since the price was soooo right, I decided to buy two pair and some shorts, too. :o) My budget liked that!!

Saturday (30 minutes running)
Couldn't run today because I had to get up at a very early time to get ready for MK Boot Camp. Then, by the time I got home, it was getting dark and I had to be a mommy first! So, no running. Really wanted to try my shoes out! There's always Monday...........

1 comment:

Alice Anne said...

I am so proud of you! I'm running the JLA 5K Fun Run on 10/4. I'll keep you posted!

Hugs,
AA