Saturday, September 6, 2008

Week 3

September 7th - 13th

Monday (35 minutes running/15 minutes walking)
Went running around Granite Hills today. Coco and Marli walked along and I would run about a half mile and then run back to them. So, total, I probably ran about 3.5 miles today and then walked the rest of the way back as a cool down with Coco and Marli. It felt good. I got in touch with my brother in law's coach, Dave Y. and I'll be meeting with him tonight to map out a training schedule and what I should be doing. I'm very excited to run my first race on the 27th! I like to race. I remember how I used to be in middle school and I kinda feel the same way when I think about running a race soon. :o)

Tuesday
Today was a rest day as I went up to LA to hear my best friend perform on America's Got Talent. So fun and he did great!

Wednesday (35 minutes)
Went running in Rancho San Diego on a new trail to me and down onto the track at Cuyamaca. Very nice and the trails were up and down. Felt really good. I really need to get some new shoes because the ones I have will wear down quickly......still feeling great though and there are no hurting body parts! Woo hoo!

Thursday (35 minutes running/15 walking)
Went running around Granite Hills today. Coco and I started off at the same time, she was walking and I was running. I told her to just keep walking and I'd catch up to her by going around again until I found her. I ended up running at a pretty brisk pace. So, I ran a little over 3 miles by the time I finally caught up with her and lapped her. Then, we walked the rest of the way back to her house. So, it was a pretty good run! It was about 2:00 in the afternoon, so I got some sun and was very sweaty! But, overall, it felt great!

Friday (35 minutes running/25 minutes walking)
I walked this morning with Coco and Marli. Just a quick walk around the block to just warm up a bit. Then, this evening around 5pm, I went running at Mission Trails in Santee. Problem was that there were fires there earlier this week, so there was a bunch of burnt areas that we were running through. So, poor Rabeka started having an asthma attack and we had to cut our run short by just a bit. Not the best air quality to be breathing, especially if you're prone to asthmatic attacks. Actually, it's just plain not good for anyone!!! But, otherwise, it felt great. My left knee is acting up again, though...........need to get new shoes!!!

Saturday
Knee was hurting today, and I had soooo much work to do. So, I didn't run and I feel like it was a smart decision. I'll be picking up the pace next week and I will definitely be getting new shoes so I have them for the race on the 27th!!





No comments: