Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Another Week

Tuesday (30 minutes running)
Ran around Granite without Marli and Coco in tow because Coco is watching Tristan and Mia, so I dropped Marli off so I could do a quick run. I ran for about 30 minutes, which is about 3 miles. I pretty much run at a 10 min./mile pace when I'm out on my runs. The weather was great for running; overcast, cool breeze going, but not too cold. Perfect! There's a guy from opera who likes to get a group together to run on Saturday mornings down by the bay. I'm going to join them this Saturday. Can't wait! They do a five mile run, so I need to make sure I run a couple times this week so I can keep up. :o)

Thursday (45 minutes walking)
Just did a quick and easy walk around Granite with Marli and Coco.

Saturday (4.5 miles running/.5 miles walking)
So, I went to Mission Bay Park to run with some opera friends and it was beautiful down there! We ran at a 10 mile pace. Garrett had a metronome and a GPS gadget on his arm, so we kept at a very consistent pace the entire time. Our run started out with some overcast skies, but by the 3rd mile, it was very sunny and hot. I started feeling a little fatigued by the 4th mile, so we stopped and walked the rest of the way at a good pace. I'll be doing this every Saturday, as time permits, since it felt great and I actually wasn't too sore the following day. I haven't run over 2 or 3 miles since about November, so it's been a while. I'll be running next week throughout the week and my goal is to run the entire 5 miles next Saturday without giving up that 10-minute/mile pace.

No comments: