Sunday, March 28, 2010

Race for Autism

Yesterday, I ran a 5k with all the Bueno's supporting Tristan and Autism research. It was a blast! I am feeling it today, though! Ibis ran with me for the first 2 miles then he took off to finish 3 minutes before me. I have no hopes of keeping up with him since he's all legs and can run pretty fast. I did come in with a decent time for not having trained for this race. I came in at 30:28. That was three minutes slower than the last race I did back in October 2008 when I came in at 27 minutes and change. But, again, I wasn't really running this race to beat anything. It felt good to get out there and run for a good cause.

Alice Anne, in Maryland, happened to be running a 5k too at the same time. :) She came in at about the same time as me, too. Crazy! I wish we lived closer to each other so that we could run a race every month or so together. That would be so much fun. Ah, well. :( It's nice to have support even if that support is across the entire country.

No comments: